#1 Mindful EDGE Programme – Programm zur Entwicklung von Achtsamkeit
A complete blended toolkit that will prepare EDGE Special Trainers to develop in the target group soft and social skills necessaries to reinforce their background for an easier and happier access to the labour market. It will be the result of a joint design that will enhance research directions and innovative tools/methodologies (included mindfulness) addressed at reinforcing – in youth with ID- the capacity to make mindful choices and to be resilient.
The tool-kit will be multilingual and include:
- A complete Mindful EDGE Programme dedicated to people with ID: a well-defined and systematic patient-centered educational project which uses relatively intensive training in mindfulness meditation and social/soft competences training path (included didactic materials EASY-TO-READ);
- A blended Mindful EDGE Course for Special Trainers to be used in the classroom and during individual coaching. The Course includes 2 sections:
- a Short Guide for mindfulness training (introduction + webinar) focused on how to deliver the mindfulness programme to the specific target group.
- Practical guidelines (Manual – Didactic Materials + 4 webinars) for developing social competences in people with ID: communication and relational skills, problem solving attitude, active citizenship, creativity and entrepreneurial mind set. Indications and examples on how to teach to young people with ID will be included, also practical exercises to reinforce the trainers’ empathy and emotional intelligence;
- A self-assessment questionnaire to validate the competences achieved by the Special Trainers.