#1 Mindful EDGE Programme
A complete blended toolkit that will prepare EDGE Special Trainers to develop in the target group soft and social skills necessaries to develop their emploaybility skills for an easier and happier access to the labour market. It will be the result of a joint design that will enhance research directions and innovative tools/methodologies (including mindfulness) addressed at reinforcing – in youth with ID- the capacity to make mindful choices and to be resilient.
The tool-kit will be multilingual and include:
- A complete Mindful EDGE Programme dedicated to people with ID: a well-defined and systematic educational project which uses relatively intensive training in mindfulness meditation and a social/soft competencies training path (including didactic materials EASY-TO-READ);
- A blended Mindful EDGE Course for Special Trainers to be used in the classroom and during individual coaching. The Course includes 2 sections:
- a Short Guide for mindfulness training (introduction + webinar) focused on how to deliver the mindfulness programme to the specific target group.
- Practical guidelines (Manual – Didactic Materials + 4 webinars) for developing social competencies in people with ID: communication and relational skills, problem-solving attitude, active citizenship, creativity and entrepreneurial mindset. Indications and examples on how to teach to young people with ID will be included, also practical exercises to reinforce the trainers’ empathy and emotional intelligence;
- A self-assessment questionnaire to validate the competencies achieved by the Special Trainers.