EDGE is so aimed at improving the well-being and quality of life of young people with mental and relational disabilities, pursuing the following 3 main objectives:
- Creating innovative and ad hoc training methodologies for a successful job placement;
- Prompting companies to be more proactive about hiring people with mental challenges;
- Fostering entrepreneurial mindset, competences and possibilities.
In terms of results, we expect that:
- EDGE special trainers are prepared in order to support the target group in the development of soft and communicational skills necessaries to reinforce their behavioural background for an easier and happier access into the labour market;
- A complete and innovative work-based training programme is created, ready to be used by coaches and in-company facilitators to accompany the target group in the acquisition of tailored technical skills and competences. It includes Inclusive Job Design procedures in order to allow the creation of job positions as joint expression of company needs and employees expectations;
- The public and private companies are prepared to create and implement inclusive work environments and inclusive teams, also through the use of smart-working tools and diversity management strategies. A new brand is developed and spread among those companies that will fill all the inclusive steps becoming more proactive about hiring young people with mental challenges;
- The target group of youth with ID are well prepared to gradually access the job place, they know how the work environment works, they are used to stay in a work place and they feel comfortable. They possess useful skills such as troubleshooting, decision-making, and problem solving;
- A group of skilled Business Mentors are prepared to spread among the target group entrepreneurial competences and mind-set, as well as support them in developing their own business, including how to make a present the business plan, and then how to start and develop new businesses;
- A business planning guide is designed and accessible for young potential entrepreneurs with ID, to support them in creating their own work / business;
- Young potential entrepreneurs, their families, the staff of cooperatives working with disability, the project Mentors, are able to access crowdfunding platforms and organize crowdfunding campaign to support the start of small businesses, self-employment positions, new entrepreneurial activities.